Re: Request for volunteers to help track down packages that use /usr/X11R6

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 12:08 +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:

Peter Lemenkov wrote :

# ln -s /usr /usr/X11R6

and forget about this problem...

Not sure how serious you're meaning to be, but it's worth pointing out that this is a typical complete blocker with rpm : Replacing a directory with a symlink is impossible, unless the directory is empty and some %pre scriplet takes care of removing it. Well, you've also got the option of "extreme ugliness", but I'm pretty sure Mike wants to avoid that (and he should! ;-)).

The only packages that own the dir are filesystem and (ugh) vnc-server.

"(find /usr/X11R6 -type f | xargs rpm -qf) | sort | uniq" gives the following output on my system:
fonts-xorg-75dpi-6.8.2-1
fonts-xorg-base-6.8.2-1
fonts-xorg-truetype-6.8.2-1
multimedia-2.1-21
openmotif-2.2.3-10
playmidi-X11-2.4-16
xinitrc-4.0.19-1
xorg-x11-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-font-utils-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-libs-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-tools-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-xauth-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-xdm-6.8.2-45
xorg-x11-xfs-6.8.2-45
xscreensaver-base-4.22-10
xterm-200-7

IOW:
multimedia
openmotif
playmidi
xscreensaver-base
xterm

Are the only non xorg packages on my system which use /use/X11R6 and thus need fixing.

Regards,

Hans