yum plugin suggestion or yum change?

Joshua Eichorn josh at bluga.net
Mon Dec 5 22:28:42 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>On 12/5/05, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>

>>A fully automated
>>

>Are you sure about that? I could have sworn that MS categorizes
>updates into shades  and delibrately holds back some available updates
>where are non-critical(non-security) from the automatic process.
>
>-jef

They have high-priority updates and optional updates.

High priority updates get installed by automatic updates, optional have
to updated by hand from windows update.

most security fixes are High-Priority

No major upgrades are, ie the new version of windows media player or the
.net framework won't be updated automatically.

Of course there are also service packs in the mix, which are forced
upgrades at some point since new security fixes are only available if
you install them.

-josh