Re: yum clean bug

Neal Becker wrote:
Patrick Barnes wrote:

IMHO, yum is behaving exactly as it should.  When I disable a
repository, yum has no idea why I have done it, and should not disregard
my wishes and change anything about that repository.  As for
repositories that no longer have configurations, I don't want yum making
any assumptions there, either.  I have no problems going in and cleaning
out the cache manually if space becomes an issue.  It would be easy
enough to create a cron job to do the job.  If someone wants to create a
script to go along with yum-utils or to stand alone, I would see nothing
wrong with that.  I'm sure that would be a welcomed idea.  I also
wouldn't complain about a '--sanitize' option in yum, but the current
behavior is what I would expect and want.

Well, for the record, I disagree.  Is there really any reason for disabling,
except that the repo doesn't play nicely with others, so that I don't want
it enabled by default?  If so, why would I run clean all, and not want to
clean it?

The fact is, I have a couple of repos disabled by default, such as
updates-testing.  They had eaten lots of disk space.  I did clean all.  I
certainly did not expect this behavior.  If this is really the way we want
it to act, please clearly document that we need to add --enablerepo=* to
clean disabled repos.

+1. Only cleaning enabled repositories seems very counter intuitive.