yum clean bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 9 15:09:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 01:02 -0800, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> I guess can live with that, it just feels rather counterintuitive to me to
> have to mess with repo settings to clean cache data. If somebody can come
> up with a real, sane usage scenario why leaving disabled repos alone on
> clean operations is a good idea it might help making it feel a bit less
> odd. :)

I constantly use repos that are on slow links.  So these repos are
disabled by default, but at times I run with enabled.  I never want this
cache to be removed as it would take forever and a day to redownload all
the info.  So for me, I'd rather 'yum clean all' cleans ALL the enabled
repos.  It really is 6 of one, half dozen of the other.  Either 'clean
all' means All enabled repos, or disabled repo means 'only disable from
install, but go ahead and mess w/ the cache'.  The upstream developer
has indicated which side he stands on, and which side he'll allow his
code to do.  End of story.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: