yum clean bug

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 9 15:42:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 16:34 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> It says a lot about the yum developpers state of mind that even a direct
> quote from a well-accepted standard attracts this kind of response.

The standards don't say squat about WHAT removes the cache.  Yums cache
is completely regeneratable, provided that the repository is still
available.  However the yum developers stance is that yum itself will
not take the chance that the user really doesn't want that cache laying
around, so it leaves it up to THE USER to clear disabled / removed repo
cache.  What is so hard about this to understand?

> Guys,
> if you don't want to listen to others, and have only abuse to offer, don't
> answer questions at all. Why do you think every single yum thread is
> degenerating lately ? Every single poster but you is brain-damaged ?

The only 'abuse' I see is folks yelling at the yum developer because he
refuses to implement a features he finds dangerous, and does not wish to
get the tonnes of email when said dangerous feature actually does
something the user didn't wish.  The abuse comes after the developer
says no, then the user gets all in a huff and starts throwing
accusations around as well as names at times.  Give me a friggin break.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: