rawhide report: 20051213 changes

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:51:04 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Brian Millett <bmillett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I don't see this as a conflict in the report, am I confused?

You are very confused.   pcmcia-cs was removed from the rawhide tree
months ago and the explicit conflict added to hwdata.  hwdata's
changelog:
* Wed Jul 13 2005 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> - 0.162-1
- remove /etc/pcmcia/config, conflict with pcmcia-cs

> rpm -q hwdata
hwdata-0.172-1
> rpm -q --conflicts hwdata
Xconfigurator
system-config-display < 1.0.31
pcmcia-cs   <------------------------Explicit conflict that you see reported
kudzu < 1.2.0

If you are just seeing this problem now, you haven't updated hwdata
from rawhide in a long long while. And if that's the case, you've
probably not updated several other packages in a long while either and
you might see several other problems associated with moving from an
aged install state to rawhide that the daily reports have no knowledge
of.

-jef"doom-monger"spaleta