gstreamer 0.10

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Dec 14 10:39:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Even plugins are divided into three parts. Good: well written plugins
> without legal/lincensing issues. Bad: well written plugins with either
> patent/licence problems. Ugly: ugly code. once cleaned up wil go into
> good or bad depending on relevant issues.

Almost correct.  Ugly is the package containing good code but ugly
licensing/legal issues, which could prompt distributors not to ship.
Bad is what contains code that hasn't passed a QA check yet.

See http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/splitup.html for more
explanation.

Thomas

"Don't worry, Joey, it's unisex."
"Maybe you need sex, I just had some a couple of days ago !"
"No, no, U-N-I-sex !"
"Well, I ain't gonna say no to that !"