Default cursor theme for FC5.

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 20:15:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 15:07 -0500, Dick Dishkuvek wrote:
> So is known if the method for setting the cursor has changed?  And if
> so, does anyone know the new method?  There were talks of it possibly
> being in gconf settings, however, I've not been able to find anything.
> The normal way of putting an index.theme in ~/.icons/default is no
> longer working.

GTK+ 2.8 picks up the X settings Gtk/CursorThemeName and
Gtk/CursorThemeSize.
These are being set by gnome-settings-daemon from
the gconf keys /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_theme
and /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/cursor_size.
These can conveniently be tweaked using the mouse capplet.

Matthias