pango multilib

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 21:16:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 10:25 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

*snip*

> I don't think there really are any legitimate reasons to set *anything*
> in the Pango RC file, much less set things differently for 32 and 64
> bits.

OK. I'm not familiar with the goals of the pango project etc. but you
clearly are, so then I need to assume that you are correct.

The reason why they might need to be different in my mind is for the
difference in path location of modules depending upon arch -
namely /usr/lib vs /usr/lib64

Currently - if you set /etc/pangorc or ~/.pangorc and set a ModulesPath
in it - unless I'm misunderstanding, 64 and 32 bit pango would both try
to use it which would cause a problem.

gnome bugzilla 129540 which you references looks like it addresses that
issue, so I added myself to that cc list and will wait to see what comes
from it.

> Your scheme might be a bit better than what we have currently, but it
> isn't a lot better (IMO), and I don't think it's worth a lot of pain and
> churn to switch to it.

OK.

What I'll do with the rpm packaging for the graphite pango wrapper then
is do absolutely nothing in the %post scriptlets and put in a
README.fedora that tells the user how to set it up in Fedora if they
want to use the modules.