Default cursor theme for FC5.

Mike A. Harris mharris at mharris.ca
Fri Dec 16 05:51:00 UTC 2005

Brian Long wrote:
>>>There was a comment earlier about the FC4 cursors "busy" animated hour
>>>glass being too busy.  This may be true, but it is certainly less busy
>>>than the blue spinning thing.
>>
>>Well at least you could *see* where the cursor is with the spinning
>>hourglass. It never bothered me, apart from suffering from the problem 2)
>>above as well to some extent.
>

> I agree with Panu.  Why Red Hat changed the theme between RHEL 4 U1 and
> U2 is beyond me.

The default cursor is "Bluecurve" in the X packaging, as it has been
for a very long time now.  If you got your cursors changed between U1
and U2, what were they before the change, and what are they now after
the change?

The only thing I can think of is if the actual graphic art for the
Bluecurve cursor changed to someething else between U1 and U2.

If you look at the index.theme file supplied with X however, you should
see "Bluecurve" listed as the default theme in both U1 and U2, so if
something has changed, it happened outside of X-land.

However I guess RHEL update issues are a bit off topic for f-d-l. ;)

Please let me know what you can determine nonetheless.

--
Mike A. Harris, Open Source Advocate  *  http://mharris.ca
Proud to be Canadian.