bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Dec 17 20:55:09 UTC 2005

> Yes, but you may have to punch holes in the firewall _as well_.   I don't
> think selinux security context would override any local firewall rules
> which (as they stand today) lock down all ports that aren't explicitly
> enabled for a service.

Thats why you should be using selinux to prevent unwanted port bindings
system wide. Disable firewalling in this case. Or at least limit it to
ports <1024 or something.

There's still the annoying question of ports the *kernel itself* is
listening to. NFS serving likes to do this, and use random ports just
above 1024 to do it. ;P