Problem launching Terminal

Willem Riede wrrhdev at riede.org
Sun Dec 18 22:30:42 UTC 2005

After update from today's rawhide I don't seem to be able to launch additional
terminals from the gnome menu. "Starting terminal" appears in the panel for
several seconds, then disappears. I had two terminals at login after boot from
the previously saved session, and those became as dead as a doornail after I
had the above experience trying to get a third. Eventually the panel became
non-responsive and I had to kill X with ctrl-alt-bs. After logging in again,
no more terminals, though the panel problem was not reproducible.

After reboot I have my default terminals again...

Anybody see anything like this?

Thanks, Willem Riede.