boot faster

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 18:10:38 UTC 2005

>Given the current extremely broken default of actually _enabling_
>auditing on a rawhide install, 7 seconds wouldn't shock me so much.

Audit is enabled by default for rawhide to find bugs. It has successfully found
bugs by being enabled by default. When FC5 gets close to finishing up development
work, I'll disable it by default.

>We really shouldn't be running auditd and enabling syscall auditing on a
>default install. In fact, I think auditd itself ought to be in Extras if
>it's in Fedora at all.

The audit system is required for any troubleshooting of SE Linux.

There is a bugzilla opened to address changes to improve performance. I'm certain
speed improvements can be made.

-Steve