Re: kde-redhat differences

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
* Adds back most pieces redhat (purposely or not) omits

eg mp3 support ?

That's one, kpackage, juk, kpovmodler, a few kdegames as well.

* Aggressive stomping of libtool dependancy bloat

manual or with -Wl,--as-needed?

both. FYI, -Wl,--as-needed (and 1 or 2 other linker options) get turned on with --enable-new-ldflags.

Lots of manual squashing... I've submitting many of these to bugzilla.redhat.com, just do a search for submissions from me regarding .la files. (-:

* All pkgs built with standard ./configure opts:
  --disable-rpath \
  --disable-gcc-hidden-visibility \

why this?

--disable-rpath is mandated by rpmlint and Fedora (Extras) packaging standards --disable-gcc-hidden-visibility, is to be on the safe side. There's still a gcc bug or 2 triggered by kde's use of -fenable-hidden-visiblity.

-- Rex