Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Jeff Pitman jeff.pitman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:36:07 UTC 2005

On 12/24/05, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
> This proposal OTOH is pretty much your take it or leave it traditional
> closed software offer.

I disagree. If it were a traditional closed-source software offer,
then the thread would have terminated long ago. What we have here is
an offer that allows Fedora to, at the very least, explicitly point
users to a friendly way to get MP3 support. Do we monitor the
fedora-user list and other fedora forums to ensure that no mention of
livna and freshrpms are made? These might constitute as patent
violations because the comments are hosted by Redhat and are vehicles
for which users can circumvent the patent-less distro.

(Optimally, FC should just take up the offer and include it in the
distro. Wasn't Redhat offering indemnication against ghost-cases of
patent claims during the SCO debacle? How about MP3? :D)

--
-jeff