Palm sync status?

Iago Rubio fedora at iagorubio.com
Mon Dec 26 20:44:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 16:55 -0800, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:46:58 -0500, "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > My Handspring Visor Platinum works with JPilot on FC4 provided that I
> > > manually create the /dev/ttyUSB* files before each synchronization.
>
> > I fixed this problem some time ago, IIRC, by simply adding a file
> > "/etc/udev/rules.d/95-visor.rules" that has just this line:
> >
> >      KERNEL="ttyUSB1",SYMLINK="pilot"
>
> This seems to be a different problem, unless the other guy is not
> seriously mistaken. In his case the original device nodes were not
> created.
>
> > In the future, shouldn't these issues go to fedora-list and not
> > fedora-devel-list?
>
> If we were talking about a proposed patch for udev, it would belong
> here. I keep the hope.
>
> There would also be a significant development content if we dicussed
> how to find a Pilot in a more robust way with udev. The thing is,
> we cannot ship KERNEL="ttyUSB1", because of dynamic numbering.

I've been gifted yesterday with a Palm Z22 and I've got it working with:
BUS="usb", KERNEL="ttyUSB*", SYMLINK="pilot"

I've also seen KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]" all around on the net, so it seems
the odd device - among the two created - is the one used to communicate
with the pilot.

The Z22 always picks the ttyUSB1 device.
--
Iago Rubio