Volunteers? was Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:55:09 UTC 2005

> > >   Can we also get rid / move to extras all the non
> > >   GNOME 2 / GTK 2 apps so we can get rid of the remaining GNOME 1 / GTK
> > >   1 cruft as well?
> >
> > Need specific package nominations.
>
> nmap-frontend is one.
> gnucash we're waiting on the port to gtk2

Can't it go into extras in the mean time as extras isn't suppose to be
second class but rather 'extras' that way all the GNOME 1.x stuff
listed above can go with it. Those that need it can then just do an
'up2date -i gnucash' and get all the deps that go with it.

It seems its easier to get rid of all the GNOME 1 stuff than the
gtk/glib 1 stuff as its used by the likes of imlib and a few others.

I seem to remember that sylpheed was also mentioned a while a go as
part of the move to extras.