shutdown items not showing

Eric Warnke eric at snowmoon.com
Fri Feb 18 14:48:24 UTC 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:41 AM, The DJ wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using FC3 and when I shut down, the screen just
> goes blank until the end of the process when it comes
> back on for a second right before hda is turned off.

> Can you please bring this feature back in FC4?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

I have noticed that on some installations as well.  IIRC removing
"rhgb" from grub did the trick for me.  In some odd way it appears that
rhgb is on, but doesn't work do you just get a blank screen.  Since I
turned off gb by default it hasn't bothered me much.

Cheers,
Eric Warnke

Systems Administrator - Research Computation Center
State University of New York at Albany