FC4 slimfast slimfest

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 22:05:33 UTC 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:

> 	The companies that create CD sets for magazines or resale will see
> 	their media costs go up by 25%.

Remember the Wide Open Magazine, that included Fedora Core 1, somehow
fit into 3 CDs instead of the 4 official CDs from the FC1 official
release?  Why couldn't companies that create CD sets for magazines or
resale do something similar?  We could surely amend the trademark
guidelines to enable anyone to distribute slim versions of fedora
containing a subset of the binary packages that we ship in the
official CDs, imposing a requirement such as that a list of the
omitted packages be made prominently visible.