FC4 slimfast slimfest

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 22:07:31 UTC 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 03:35:34PM -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
> make sure that FC4 continues to fit on 4 CD's. Right now eclipse, xfce,
> xemacs, cfengine, and all the games are leading candidates. We also may
> try to start removing stuff from Core in hopes that it will appear in
> Extras if someone cares about it.

What suddenely got so much larger ?

> Nothing is set in stone, but if you want to write in favor of keeping
> something, you'll have to suggest something else of equal or greater size
> to axe instead.

Really some games need to stay - they are one of the things that make people
use Linux and choose it. To be quite frank I'd rather see all the java stuff
dumped off to a java-extras CD or fedora extras. Ditto eclipse with it.

GFS is also clearly obscure extras material