FC4 slimfast slimfest

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Feb 22 16:45:58 UTC 2005

On 02/22/2005 06:15:41 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:

> > > I am not agree. If we provide exim, we provide *all* exim.
> >
> > Shove exim in extras then. Lets have one of everything (including
> databases)
> > in the base except where the are real divides (Gnome/KDE)
>
> I think exim still has potential to become our future default MTA.

That doesn't mean it has to sit in core while it is not.
I'm seriously hoping that AbiWord and Gnumeric someday will be the
default office apps in core, OOo imho is bloated and has a code base
that is just too big, I personally think OOo was a poor choice to
default to - and had the resources by various distros been put into
AbiWord/Gnumeric that were put into OOo - they would absolutely rock
even more than they already do.

But while OOo is what is being pushed and defaulted to, AbiWord/
Gnumeric need to live in Extras so that they do not add to what a user
who sticks with defaults has to download.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/