FC4 slimfast slimfest

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 19:59:15 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:42:35 -0500, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:
> Except... Core isn't available on CDs, except from third parties. I
> don't see a reason why Extras couldn't have ISOs made from it
> by those same third parties.

All you need is cookie-cutter instructions or an easy-bake tool.. and
the legal room to brand them as Fedora Extras (and co-brand them)
inside the trademark guidelines.
"Fedora Extras CD 1 - 12 brought to you by cruftyrpms.net"  has to be
permissible under established trademark guidelines if the burden to
produce isos is going to be thrown out to 3rd parties like
cruftyrpms.net. My reading of the current trademark guidelines doesn't
lend me to believe that 3rd parties have the ability to brand a
locally spun up iso set as Fedora.

-jef