Exim as default MTA.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Feb 23 10:54:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 19:18 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
>Ok, I consider myself a "newbie" when it comes to MTAs.
>
>I currently run sendmail, but I've done as little as possible to get it
>working.  I have no spam filtering at SMTP, no auto-sorting of messages
>into folders, basically nothing more than "get the mail to the spool".

Sounds like you're a reasonably good test candidate; thanks for
volunteeering.

>So I'll bite and look at the latest exim package in FC3 (I am running a
>server, so I can't really use rawhide).  I'd be glad to report how it
>goes if anyone is interested.

If you have time, please could you also try the same with postfix? And
if your own setup isn't very interesting, pick some other tasks like
configuring mailman etc. to amuse yourself.

Like I said -- I'm far more adamant that sendmail should go, than I am
that Exim should be its replacement. I just happen to think that Exim is
a better choice.

--
dwmw2