Fedora Core 4 Test 1 Status - Slip

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 23 22:17:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 05:06:34PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Looking at the overlap of the FC4 schedule with the GCC 4.0 schedule,
> it appears that shipping GCC 4.0 in FC4 has become viable.
>
> In order to avoid a large duplication of bandwidth by rebuilding
> with GCC 4.0 between test releases, Fedora Core 4 Test 1 has now
> slipped two weeks to allow for integration of a GCC 4.0 snapshot,
> and rebuilds against it.

This may be an obvious question, but how do non-x86 architectures play into
this?  If there issues with these architectures and GCC 4.0, will Fedora Core 4
revert to GCC 3?

I ask because I saw rumblings of some ppc32/gcc4 problems today.  It may be a
false alarm, but the question still stands.  Feel free to add it to the FAQ :).

josh