Re: reducing distribution CD count

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Gene C. wrote:

> 1. I agree with those who want to expand the FC4 set to 5 CD images and
> then put the big reduction effort into the FC5 timeframe when anaconda
> can/should be able to handle multiple "respositories"  (and, homefully,
> pup also).

Something that needs to be mentioned - it was decided that it was better
to go to 5 CDs for now than to kick eclipse and the Java stuff out.
However, there is plenty of other stuff that can be moved to Extras right
now, and as you've seen that has already been happening (maintainers
still wanted for some of that stuff!).

-- Elliot