Other ways to cut FC4 down from 15 CDs to 14?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Feb 24 20:17:04 UTC 2005

>Due to dependency ordering of libraries, you'd almost certainly
>need to do *more* CD swaps if you went this way.

Why so?

The i386 packages available on the x86_64 installation are a set with
complete dependency closure, surely? So they could reasonably be first
in the i386 pkgorder, and hence on the i386 CD 1?

If we also include as many of the noarch packages as we can on i386 CD
1, could we not have a reasonable expectation of fitting that into the
x86_64 pkgorder -- as a block which is a fairly independent set?

Or does anaconda actually have to install both packages in an
{i386,x86_64} multilib set simultaneously?

--
dwmw2