FC4 slimfast slimfest

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Feb 25 07:50:32 UTC 2005

NM> I'd rather have a full-featured secure program than a small one
NM> full of holes because it's never been widely deployed by people
NM> who care.

Who was advocating deploying something full of holes?  Certainly not
me, as I haven't even suggested a program to use.  In fact I'm not
sure if any program meeting the criteria exists; I was hoping that
someone would provide suggestions, but it seems that people would
rather argue.

Debian shipped ssmtp for this purpose, but it and its replacement seem
to have been abandoned (and it didn't queue, which the author admits
as a problem).  I suspect OpenBSD has something, because they seem to
have the same ideas as I do about needless functionality in general.
(Hence openntpd instead of xntpd.)

 - J<