reducing distribution CD count

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Feb 25 11:11:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 17:44 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 13:32 -0800, Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> > Filiciano Matias wrote:
> > >
> > > 3- The average joe (me) expect to find the documentation in the same
> > > place than the program. A program with its documentation is the same
> > > whole thing.
> >
> > Perhaps I'm not an "average joe" in this matter, but I never look for
> > documentation on the local disk.  I *always* use Google first.
>
> +1
>
> people use local docs?

Yes.  There is *very little* worse, when looking for documentation, than
finding documentation that doesn't match your version and only realizing
that tiny little fact after you've spent a whole day trying to
understand why something is not working as they should.

I *always* install and browse locally docs for stuff I use.  People who
look on the net first probably also wrote a browser :)

Not to mention devhelp is a godsend for anyone who is doing programming.

Thomas

If you ain’t there
ain’t nobody else to impress