XFCE packages gone?

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Feb 25 19:55:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 19:44 +0000, Tet wrote:
>Konstantin Ryabitsev writes:
>
>>> Why did the XFCE packages disappear from rawhide?
>>
>>Read the last 512 messages sent to the list. Sheesh. :)
>
>You have a point. But at the same time, there are still unanswered
>questions. Who made the final decision about which packages were to
>go? Bill Nottingham? Elliot? Someone else? What was the rationale
>for their selection -- space saving, obviously, but why package A
>rather than package B? Although I personally disagree with some
>of the choices[1], I don't see anything going that is critical
>to be in Core (although see below). But it would be nice to know
>who made the decisions, and the reasons they made them.

The Fedora Core Technical Committee made the decisions.  That's Cristian
Gafton, Jeremy Katz, Elliot Lee and Bill Nottingham.

I know you're unlikely to accept this but could we go with 'b/c these
guys have been doing this for a long time so trust them'.

Hell, I'm unlikely to accept this but despite what most people think -
fedora is not a place where everyone's opinion is equal. The opinions of
specific people at red hat count for a lot more.

Right now the process is such that getting more say in fedora means
doing more work.

How do you go about doing more work you ask? Step up, and genuinely
offer, you'll find plenty to do.

-sv