some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 20:45:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 15:17 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > > - Display: what depth, resolution to use
> >
> > These all look like per-user preferences to me.  So they should be
> > stored in GConf.
>
> not for the default X configuration.

But if switching this stuff is easy (yes, I know you can't switch depths
right now so this can't 100% apply), then why not have the default X
configuration just be something sane given the monitor.  ie, if it's a
flat panel, you want the native resolution of the panel, otherwise you
want just a basic resolution.  It's not like logging in requires a lot
of screen real estate.

Jeremy