some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 21:08:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 03:11:36PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > - Keyboard: what's the key layout
> >
> These all look like per-user preferences to me.  So they should be
> stored in GConf.

So you don't believe people should be able to log in. Let me set your box
to default to gdm with an azerty keyboard and left handed mouse and then see
if you still think its a per user preference.

Oh and perhaps with the video at a resolution your monitor can't handle.

Lots of these are both system preferences and user ones with the user able
to configure some properties or properties within a constraint set by the
system (eg video mode).

Alan