festival 1.95 anyone?

Stephen Pollei stephen_pollei at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 22:01:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 11:47, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> the importance here is not specific features or
> personal preferences. the effort is targetted towards
> making several open source projects in the java
> language more widely deployed without adding
> proprietary java restrictions within it.
True thats why I mentioned that "many good things are available in it",
I was merely mentioning that I probably won't personally be writing or
editing in Java too soon from now. I obviously think that ignoring
FreeTTS and Sphinx4 because they are written in Java is premature.
Especially since it seems even a RH8.0 I have laying around seems to
include gcj and gij .
gij (GNU libgcj) version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
gcj (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)

> by enabling a solid  free java base fedora and other
> distros can easily use the important projects like
> eclipse, openoffice java parts, tomcat etc
I agree 110% with this.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/