goals for fc4?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 01:38:39 UTC 2005

On 01/09/2005 07:39:47 PM, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> Le samedi 08 janvier 2005 à 19:06 -0400, mbneto a écrit :
> > hi,
> > i was wondering where can i find the current goals for fc4 ?
>
> I want more visibility for the futur "official" Fedora Extra.
> Perhaps a /etc/yum.repo.d/extra.repo .

I would agree with that.
I think installing the extras repo file and putting the key with the
other PGP keys would be a good thing.

I also think the rawhide and updates-testing repo files should be in a
*different* package not installed by a default desktop install, they
can cause confusion to new users, who shouldn't be using them unless
they specifically know what they are doing.

Also - perhaps a jpackage repo and key.
That though is a little harder because currently (afaik) jpackage does
not provide a repo mirror list. Maybe that should wait until jpackage
has their free j2sdk done (I understand they are working on one)

Fedora already installs one jpackage package, and jpackage does seem to
be the way to go if you want to do java stuff on Fedora, I know of no
other alternative that works well through yum.