mod_dav_svn update

Pedro Lamarão pedro.lamarao at mndfck.org
Fri Jan 14 13:04:27 UTC 2005

Féliciano Matias wrote:

>When I update my system, the propose is to use the new version (security
>fix, ...). Perhaps it's better to schedule an update at midnight than
>when there is a rush of connection. It's up to the administrator to
>decide when and how to update his system.
>If daemons are not restarted when I update a system then when this
>append ?
>Do you ask me to always reboot my computer after "yum update" ? Too bad.
>Suppose I update httpd and httpd is not restarted. One week later the
>server is restarted (power failure), the new httpd does not start and
>"bad luck" I am in holidays...
>
>What do you think about this scenario ?
>
>btw, "service httpd reload" (or condreload) is not enough alter an
>update ?

"service httpd reload" is enough for reloading the configuration files.
httpd can do this while already loaded into memory.

Observe we are in a thread about a mod_dav_svn update.
That is *not* a configuration file.
Reloading a module requires "service httpd restart".

Joe, what about a system variable somewhere that would flag if the
administrator
wants an RPM update to restart the relevant service? Default "false", of
course.

--
 Pedro Lamarão