Fedora Core 4

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Fri Jan 14 23:31:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 05:30:20PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> - more networking changes
>   Further integration of NetworkManager

How about easier setup of pam_ccreds for cached credentials
(disconnected operation)? Mobile users with server-based authentication
would love that. Without much fanfare, the package shipped with FC3 and,
from my testing, it seems to work, but you need to tweak PAM's
configuration manually. The changes are trickier than you need for LDAP
or SMB authentication and, to add insult to injury, there's no
documentation in the package or anywhere on the web - grab the source
tarball and look at the pam.conf if you want to have any hope to get it
to work.

I already spammed Bugzilla for support in authconfig and anaconda, but I
still have no idea if this is a feature that anyone cares about (how did
it end up in FC3 in the first place, then?).

> - PPC support
>   For your brand spanking new MiniMac, or the p655 under your
>   desk.

I assume the mention of the p655 means support for ppc AND ppc64? Just
asking for a clarification. It's not clear right now which kind of
PPC64 hardware can be used for a fresh install. I know because I was
checking Raw Hide this very morning.

--
Rudi