Fedora Core 4

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Sat Jan 15 12:25:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 02:20 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote:

> > - Java
> >
> >   More native-compiled GCJ stuff. Including Eclipse.
> >

> Compitability? Effect on OpenOffice?

All FC4 Java packages, including the SDK wrapper package for GCJ, will
be JPackage-compatible.  As I understand it, the parts of OpenOffice
that can be built with GCJ will be.  However there are some parts of
OOo's Java code that rely on Sun-private interfaces -- these present a
dead end for GCJ, so we'll need to get them reimplemented (using public
APIs) upstream.

Tom