goals for fc4?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Mon Jan 17 13:29:51 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 13:18 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mercredi 12 janvier 2005 à 01:38 +0000, Michael A. Peters a écrit :

> > not provide a repo mirror list. Maybe that should wait until jpackage
> > has their free j2sdk done (I understand they are working on one)
>
> Well, this is supposed to be secret stuff;) Please don't block on it -
> there may someday be a redistributable jvm rpm at jpackage, and someday
> may even be next week, but the $VENDOR we're working with obviously has
> its own paying products higher on the priority list so it's taking some
> time...

  Forgive my Java ignorance, but...

  J2SDK
  JVM
  GCJ

  How do these things intersect/complement each other?  And are there
any missing pieces from the above to providing a complete Java
implementation (possibly without the official, trademarked 'Java'
name ;-))?

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator