further package removals/potential package removals

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Jan 24 16:37:17 UTC 2005

> At which point I really fail to see the point of extras: either it's
> part of the distro, or it isn't.  Labeling it as extras just because
> it's in a separate CD is useful, because then people can choose which
> CDs to download and burn upfront, but it serves no other purpose.

Breaking this on CD-levels will be hard todo and of dubious benefit.
I would still expect to have more pressure to keep all software more
modular and improve the necessary support for that within our
source base. Just be warned that this is too easily confused with
only supporting the software in Core and that would be a huge
step backwards.

greetings,

Florian La Roche