further package removals/potential package removals

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Jan 24 16:30:25 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:35:33 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> > ATM, Extras isn't much more than a "promise", ... we will see if it will
> > come and if when it will work out.
>
> just consider pre-extras as 'extras' for now.

It's called "pre-Extras", nothing more, and we're still in the middle
of nowhere.

CVS is a step forward. Pre-Extras is a step backward. At fedora.us we
have the stable/testing/unstable classification and the separate
"pending" repositories, which we can use rather freely. With
pre-Extras, we don't even have a package submission policy. Package
updates for pre-Extras are done via bugzilla.fedora.us, because
nothing else is documented and CVS has not even been opened for
fedora.us trusted developers yet.

It is my impression some key people wait for FUDCon and hope for
wonders. While that may be an option for those who plan the official
Fedora Extras and else have not been involved so far, it is unbearable
for the active fedora.us and pre-extras supporters.