HAL ejects

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 14:48:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:37:14 +0100, Peter Backlund wrote:

>> It is already in FC3
>> I am using it right now.
>> I think it is not in HAL, but in GVM. However, to be able to use it, you
>> have to disable "lock on mount" option of cdrom by "echo 0 >
>> /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/lock" or putting "dev.cdrom.lock = 0" in
>> /etc/sysctl.conf and reloading with sysctl -p.
>
> Well, that's fantastic. Why isn't this enabled by default?
>
> /Peter

I don't really know, maybe some people like it the old unix way ?
I don't have any kids yet, that tend to press any buttons to see what
might happen (see Dee Dee), so for me it is easier to press the eject
cdrom button, and actually it ejects, instead of nothing.
Anyway, I think this should be an option in gvm.