redhat abe

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jan 27 13:52:37 UTC 2005

> RH has the ability to change this at any time.

ability? yes. willingness? no.

> It is not - RH has had no problems in adding yum support and has no
> problem in adding and removing other packages at any time at RH's free
> will.

Do you know why they had no issue adding yum support? B/c it could be
covered internally. If it broke and I wasn't around to fix it - they
could take care of it.

100+ lines of C++ they were not interested in maintaining.

> For example instead of adding yum and keeping up2date, RH could have
> tried to help apt. - IMO, this is all politics and not at all
> technically motivated.

IMO you don't know what you're talking about.

-sv