grip being removed [Re: rawhide report: 20050120 changes]

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Fri Jan 28 18:03:53 UTC 2005

fre 2005-01-28 klockan 10:48 -0700 skrev Ivan Gyurdiev:
> > Actually, I was running the nv driver. With the nvidia driver, I have
> > the same version:
> >
> > [peter at localhost ~]$ glxinfo | grep version
> > server glx version string: 1.3
> > client glx version string: 1.3
> > OpenGL version string: 1.5.2 NVIDIA 66.29
> > glu version: 1.3
>
> Tsk. Well I don't know what to tell you - I've had different versions
> for the nvidia driver. Maybe you're right and this is a setup error on
> my part, but this whole setup seems strange to me.

Well, according to you, you've fiddled quite a bit with symlinks and
whatnot, and using the rpms and the script installer at the same time,
or at least not purging the system between switches, so I'd say chances
are /very/ good your setup is b0rked.

I'd be grateful if you could open a bug at livna with links to
information about what the minion patches actually do, and maybe it/they
could be included in the rpm.

> Why would you split a library off from xorg-x11, but not split the
> headers?

I agree that the X/Mesa package setup right now is unfortunate.

/Peter