Volunteers? was Re: further package removals/potential package removals

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:18:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:57:57 -0500 (EST), Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Peter Robinson:
> >   Can we also get rid / move to extras all the non
> >   GNOME 2 / GTK 2 apps so we can get rid of the remaining GNOME 1 / GTK
> >   1 cruft as well?
>
> Need specific package nominations.

The gtk1 apps dead horse has been beaten in the grip removal thread.
As far as end-user applications that require gtk1 the potential list
Peter Robinson would be
talking about are:

xmms ( gtk2 based bmp exists as replacement for functionality
            but is not a 100% feature replacement
            some noted usability deficiencies in moving to bmp )
gnucash ( a beast of a beast and there has been no discussion
               of a suitable replacement for its functionality)
usbview ( no discussion that I've seen )
mtr-gtk  ( no discussion that I've seen )
sylpheed ( no discussion that I've seen )
w3m-img (no discussion that I've seen)
nmap-frontend (no discussion that I've seen )

as summaried from Colin Charles full list of packages that require the
gtk+-1.2.10 package:

bonobo-1.0.22-9.i386
cdicconf-0.2-9.i386
GConf-1.0.9-15.i386