Fedora Core 5 Idea

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Fri Jul 1 13:32:52 UTC 2005

On Friday 01 July 2005 04:19am, Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:
> Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
[SNIP]
> I didn't say that. I said FC should use its efforts better for the
> benefit of its users. If you develop a program which the majority of the
> desktop users won't use because of *official* driver incompatibility,
> you definitely have some goal issues.

You can not state that Nvidia is used by a "majority of the desktop users".
That is simply not true.  Far more people are using something else than are
using Nvidia video cards.

Even if that were true, there would not be any "goal issues" here...where is
is said that one of Fedora's goals would be to give one hardware vendor an
advantage over another?  (Rephrase as needed to understand the point).
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor