Is there a bug in UFS system (ufs=sunx86)

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:59:48 UTC 2005

Hello,

Last week I had to install a Solaris 10 partition in a developent
workstation. Whenever I try to mount the solaris partition:

/dev/hdd1          /Solaris               ufs
ufs=sunx86,ro    0  0

I get a system error (invalid magic number). As I never dealt with
solaris partitions under Linux, I mind if something was changed in
Solaris10 or if there is a bug in the ufs driver.

OS is 2.6.12-1.1400_FC5 recompiled (ntfs/ufs/etc).

Best regards,

Casimiro