A quick look at the yum mirrorlists

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jul 9 23:53:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 19:20 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   How many are using ppc ? I didn't had much space until a few hours ago
> to add it, but I'm still pondering the effectiveness of the use of the
> disk space. Apparently I'm not the only one,

I use Fedora on PPC - but I'm the only one (outside of fedora user
lists) that I personally know of.

Most ppc people I know use YellowDog or gentoo.
I suppose things like xterm not currently working in ppc doesn't help
the Fedora cause on that platform, which will be shrinking now that
Apple has committed to Intel.

Still though - if a mirror doesn't have ppc, it shouldn't be part of a
mirror list used by the ppc platform.