A quick look at the yum mirrorlists-subscribe feature

david dfarning at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 10 01:36:04 UTC 2005

Nicholas Miell wrote:

>Not too difficult to do, though. Create a new version of fedora-release
>with the modified mirrorlist URLs and then make the existing mirrorlist
>URLs return a single repo containing only the new version of
>fedora-release.

I currently working on such a system.  I am using the concept of
subscribe/un-subscribe to indicate if a mirror is carrying a copy a
particular repoTuple(product,release,arch).  It is working well at
generating test mirrorlists by repoTuple(product,release,arch) and
region/continent.  I'm not sure how too bootstrap in the data.  300
mirror X  5 releases(more when you start to consider updates and testing
releases) X several arch is a lot of possibilities.  I may just brute
force it by checking every mirror against every every repoTuple once a
day for a couple of weeks.  Then if sentry (the probe system) has not
successfully hit a repoTuple, it will automatically mark the repoTuple
as un-subscribed and require manually intervention to resubscribe it.
-dtf