No more right click terminal

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jul 12 18:06:11 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 11:39 +0100, Cam wrote:
> I used that desktop menu, but I will now try to configure
> ctrl-shift-T
> to open a new terminal. It's the same key sequence to open a new tab
> in
> a terminal... Hope that can be made to work.

Yes, I can retrain my usage.  However I'm tired of chasing the terminal
around where gnome wants to hide it.  First (well first for me) it was
on the taskbar.  Cool.  Then it moved and I found it on the menu.  Cool.
Then it moved again, and again, and again and I said 'eff it' and used
the right click option and modified all my documentation to reference
this, thinking that it has been here this long, surely it'll stay...
Especially given that people go "Oooh!  Thats handy!" every time I show
them it.

Alas no, it is now removed and it's time for 'hunt the terminal again'
for each release and then modify documentation accordingly.  It's not
nice to have an if/then block for each and every release of Fedora on
where to find the terminal.  God knows where they'll stick it next
release, however I have an idea.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)