couple of freeradius bugs, seem spec-related

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Jul 12 18:49:44 UTC 2005

Ok, since I can't submit stuff to Bugzilla for now (see my previous
message), let me send it out this way, maybe it catches someone's
attention.

1. Missing rlm_ldap.so
The original FC4 freeradius doesn't have rlm_ldap.so:

$ rpm -ql freeradius | grep ldap
/etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap
/usr/share/doc/freeradius-1.0.2/rlm_ldap

However, after rebuilding the src.rpm with no changes whatsoever on my
FC4 system, the file is present in the rebuilt package:

$ rpm -qpl RPMS/i386/freeradius-1.0.2-2.i386.rpm | grep ldap
/etc/raddb/ldap.attrmap
/usr/lib/rlm_ldap-1.0.2.so
/usr/lib/rlm_ldap.so
/usr/share/doc/freeradius-1.0.2/rlm_ldap

What's strange is that openldap-devel is mentioned in the BuildRequires,
so probably there is an intention to provide LDAP authentication in the
package, but the package provides no LDAP module.

2. Missing -devel dependency
libtool-ltdl-devel is not mentioned in BuildRequires, yet freeradius
src.rpm requires it. On my system, that lib is missing, so the src.rpm
rebuild fails.
This is not a heavily customized system, it is a Custom install, but
while installing the system I selected the development packages group,
among other things, and did not unselect anything.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/