No more right click terminal

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 12:54:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 08:36:50AM -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 08:11 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Debating the worth of any particular study,
> > here.. is pointless..
>
> Very smart. It seems that _anything_ is pointless to discuss here.
>
> Of course, you can argue till the cows come home that this is fedora,
> and 'take this to other lists', but that is just a way to shut people
> up. You can argue like that about *anything*, what is then the point of
> this list?
>
> Folks, most of the issues that people bring up are *valid* customer
> complaints. Brushing them off (as it happens sooo often here) with
> arguments like: 'you are not our customer', 'discuss it elsewhere, it is
> pointless here', etc is just counterproductive.
>
> As I understand it, the entire point of having a _community_ distro like
> Fedora is to channel all this customer feedback into a better product.
> Please stop with the 'pointless' comments already, they are not helpful.

  It is pointless to argue here about stuff that can't be changed within
the reals of the Fedora project. To get back to specific, if you have a
itch to scratch with a specific behaviour on the GNOME desktop, it is
very unlikely to get changed here by applying a patch against the upstream
code or data. The correct behaviour as an Open Source project participant is
to debate it upstream where there is an infrastructure (usability team, tools
and mailing-list) in place to get this processed. If there was no upstream
venue, then yes here would be an alternate forum by lack of better choice
but Jeff is 100% on-spot in this case, this is a GNOME usability request,
and discussion should be process there, not here.

Daniel